BIG Company

our website isComing Soon

In the mean time connect with us with the information provided

Copyright © Boss Like Us | Marketing Team | |
BossLikeUs | Contact Us Today For Your Next Web Design

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Entertainment News

Find Us On Facebook

Events

Recent Posts

Recent comments

Recent Comments

Follow on Facebook

New Music

Popular Content

Video Interview

Chungi Taylor

Podcast

About us

Indie Artist

Featured Post (TOP)

Music Video

Monday, May 16, 2011

Jordan Frescher- Arlington, TX

Jordan Frescher
Hip Hop Lyricist Talks About himself as an artist and about his newest project
"The Loved, The Lost, and The Learned"

"The really interesting thing about the world today is that so little is taboo, that giving someone a message about doing the right thing seems radical"

BossLikeUs: Where are you from?

Frescher: Arlington, TX 

BossLikeUs: What is your background in the entertainment industry?

Frescher: I've modeled and did a few Nike Football commercials for a few years but always saw it as a means to support my pursuit of being a music artist.

BossLikeUs: How long have you been rapping & what made you want to get into it?

Frescher: I've been rapping for nearly 3 years...I actually wanted to be a producer but I felt as though no one was telling my story, So i totally quit producing 2 years ago and committed solely to becoming a lyricist.

BossLikeUs:There are a lot of people out there who want to be rappers right now, what makes you different?

Frescher: My message is the most distinct thing about my music. Its 100 percent real and tells a lot of personal things about myself. Its also a genre that really hasnt been explored since it is neither Christian nor hardcore rap.

BossLikeUs: Your Lyrical style comes off very different from the original Texas music that we hear today, If you could fully explain your style of music what would you call it?


Frescher: I would just call it Hip Hop although, it incorporates my strong east coast influences and ties it into my southern roots. I first listened to hip hop as a teenager when my older cousin moved to Texas from New York, He'd have me listening to Wu Tang, Digable Planets, Biggie, and Junior Mafia and that style always stuck with me. Actually my entire family is from New York but my mother moved here as a teenager So I've always that mentality although I'm a born and Bred Texan.

BossLikeUs: Who are your influences?

Frescher: Some of my major influences are Elohim, Jesus the Christ, Jay Electronica, Lupe Fiasco, Digable Planets, Lauryn Hill. I tend to be geared toward those who rap as if they could care less who listened..I try and incorporate that fearlessness into my music. The really interesting thing about the world today is that so little is taboo that giving someone a message about doing the right thing seems radical.

BossLikeUs: What do you believe will be the most challenging part of your music journey?

Frescher: The business. I really had no idea how much of the business you need 
to be a part of in order to make your music relevant. The actual writing and recording part is maybe 5% of what it takes to be a great artist. Everyday I learn more and more about the business and surround myself with people who have similar goals and ideas.


BossLikeUs: Listening to some of your music I want to talk about a few of your songs.

  • Track #6 “Money & Love”- Strong comparisons in this day and time,What inspired you to create this song?

Frescher: This particular song I wrote top to bottom in an hour which is not to brag, is to say that ONE the beat immediately grabbed my attention; its smooth throughout and then crescendo's near the hook. It was really more of the song telling me what to write, which as an artist I LOVE because I dont have to concentrate as much on what i want to say.  I took a situation that i Knew a lot of guys and girls could relate to and made it REAL by including my own vocals and ranting at the end "turns out you wasnt really worth nothing....." 

  •       Track #7 “Nikki”….what was this about and do you have a Nikki in your life right now?

Frescher: Ha ha EVERYONE wants to know who NIKKI is. I would like to say for the record, I have never had a hurtful relationship with a chick named nikki nor did I cheat on a chick and make a song about her with a different name. This song, I took a lot of different scenarios I have been through or experienced and put them into one story. I actually wasnt supposed to sing on this track, I was only laying it down for someone to come and record over it. But the producer (Ace 1) decided that it sounded good as is. The NIKKI part I of course to from Biggie's "one more chance" as again his music is a big influence on 
me. All these elements, made up a heck of a rap ballad.


Frescher
  • Track # 5 "Are You Riding " Which is one of my favorite songs..You were really getting your vocals on, on this project! lol =)

Frescher: Ha Ha Once again, I had no intention of singing at all when I recorded this track. In actuality I recorded "Are You Riding" and "Nikki" a couple months before the rest of the album. So I really didnt know how well I could deliver a hook by myself. Give a lot of credit to producer and Engineer Ace 1 (Alex Espinoza) who did a tremendous job of making my vocals sounds Icy (as my dude DeWun would say) "Are You Ridin" is a track I wrote about to very close homegirls of mine who are single but are on top of their game. So the first verse I took from experiences with either of them. The second and third verse were of course about myself which on this particular song, was easy to write about.

BossLikeUs: We are almost halfway in 2011… What do hope to accomplish before the year is up?

Frescher: This is such a big year for me and I've already accomplished a lot in 
terms of recording and releasing my album and  throwing a Listening/Release Party with help of ThaAfterParty, DJ Kayotik of  97.9, and Mesha J. Moving forward I'd like to concentrate on really building my brand as an Artist. Some of my immediate goals are to finish my site, Shoot a video for "Are you RIding" <===Mo, You coming thru for that right??? HA HA and re-developing my EPK. By the end of the year I would like a part of a functioning independent label surrounded by truly driven and God Fearing people.

BossLikeUsDo you have any upcoming projects or showcases that we should look out for?

Frescher: Currently I have not committed to any events although I am always looking for good opportunities. I more concentrated on making sure I give my album "The Loved, The Lost, & The Learned" its due diligence and market and distribute it the best way I can. Also "are you riding" is available for itunes purchase!!!

BossLikeUs: If you can work with any artists in the next upcoming projects who would it be and why?

Frescher: I would love to continue to work with the independent artists whom I've featured on my current album including :
(X-1, P.H.I., Ben Cina,TheWordSmith, and Big Gemini)  But down the road I'd love to to some tracks with Jay Electronica, Lupe, and Adelle.

BossLikeUs: What music are you listening to right now?

Frescher: I've currently got Jay Electrolysis on my bberry as well as Fab's "Soul Tape" honorable mention to Pusha T's "Open your eyes". I just recently took down Dom Kennedy's "Westside with love"

BossLikeUs: Where can we find more of your work?

Frescher: RIght now "Are you Ridin" is available on ALL major digital distribution sites (itunes, rhapsody, Amazon, Virdiko, etc)  If you'd like preview more of my album its best to follow me on twitter@Frescher where I leak alot of new music ALL THE TIME! also my website is coming very soon www.JordanFrescher.com

BossLikeUs: If you could do anything else other than music what would it be?

Frescher: There is nothing else I love more than music, but I'm also a wellness coach

BossLikeUs: Do you have any last shout outs or anything else you would like to
 add?

Frescher: I'd like to thank the amighty Elohim first and foremost for the knowledge and talent He's bestowed upon me. I'd also like to thank all my supporters especially BossLikeUs who have looked out for me and encouraged me everystep of the way. I want to give special thanks to Adrian Barella, Alex Espinoza, Maurice Ager, Brian Webb, Lisa Tran, Stefan PAEME Walton,
Kimesha Jackson, and DJ Kayotik.  



1 comment:

Nelson said...

You're on your way bro

Why to Choose RedHood?

Popular Posts

Popular Posts