BIG Company

our website isComing Soon

In the mean time connect with us with the information provided

Copyright © Boss Like Us | Marketing Team | |
BossLikeUs | Contact Us Today For Your Next Web Design

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Entertainment News

Find Us On Facebook

Events

Recent Posts

Recent comments

Recent Comments

Follow on Facebook

New Music

Popular Content

Video Interview

Chungi Taylor

Podcast

About us

Indie Artist

Featured Post (TOP)

Music Video

Sunday, November 21, 2010

DeWun Music- Dallas, TX

A Boss Like Us Interview
"DeWun "


From Ghana, West Africa to Dallas,TX and soon to be in the NY performing on 106 & Park, DeWun (dee-one) also known as Dee Wu is an artist who is determined to give you nothing but the best in everything that he does rather it be through producing,engineering, or just laying out a a few hot verses for your listening pleasures. BLU had a chance to sit down with Dee Wu and ask him a few questions to get a little more info on who he really is:

BossLikeUs: DeWun is a very unique name..where did it come from?
DeWun Music

DeWun: 
Well I started as "Wu Tha Great" (Laughs) Yeah I know. My origin is Ghana, so my last name is Owusu. Nobody could pronounce it, so thus came, Wu. However Wu Tha Great was not commercial enough, also everybody associate me with Wu
Tang Clan. I wanted a name change, but I wanted to keep Wu in it. My childhood nick name was Dee Wu. So I dropped the "e" and added "n". I wanted to be DeWun because my grandmother who is very close to me always told me I was chosen from birth. So I couldn’t be anything less than "The One"…..DeWun.

BossLikeUs: Nicely put...How would you describe your music?

DeWun: Wow, this one is tough to simplify…ummm… "Calculated Conceptual Creativity"

Bosslikeus: Who are your influences?

DeWun:  I don’t know where to start..lol.. well im a producer, artist, and song writer..so I have different influences in each category…but to throw a few out.. Arista/ J Records… John Legend, Bob Marley, Timbaland, Outkast, Mos Def,..i mean tons….

BossLikeUs: What do you hope to accomplish throughout your music career?



DeWun: To not be the next one, but the best one….

BossLikeUs: What do you believe will be the most challenging part of music journey?

DeWun: Restoring the language of real music. Trying to stay relevant and popular while still
holding content.

BossLikeUs: Do you have any live performance experience (any Special showcases)

DeWun: A huge date December 22, 2010… I will taking the stage at BET’s 106 & Park..I'm
actually the only artist from the South on that date..so I'm hoping everybody
supports!! Text "A" 79922 when the show airs!!!!

BossLikeUs:Who produced your recording?

DeWun:
Ive worked with a MASS collection of producers other than myself..but I wanna
give a special shoutout to Arkutec of the Trakk Blazers, and The super production
group The Rivalz.

BossLikeUs: Are there any other artists that you’ve produced that you believe we should keep a look out for?

DeWun:  Ace Boogie B of Ngenious Entertainment, Tosha LaDonnie, Jordan Fresher, Quistar & X1

BossLikeUs: Ok now that all the professional questions are out the way, lets get down to what the people really want to know

BossLikeUs: Are You Single?

DeWun: Yes, DeWun is single…not really looking though. I'm ready to tackle the industry
not a chick lol

BossLikeUS: lol ok Whats your favorite color?

DeWun: Purple… All Day…. Everyday

BossLikeUs: Favorite Food?

DeWun: Asian food….All my Asian women…HOLLA AT ME!!!!!! lol

BossLikeUs: lol ok...Beyonce or Monica?

DeWun: Beyonce..she has just done waaaaaayyyy too much for the music industry as a
whole.
Bosslikeus:  is there anything you want to say before we close this interview?

DeWun:  Ghana, West Africa, Soon as I get on… Im finding a way to get to Ghana and perform for the hometown!!!!!

No comments:

Why to Choose RedHood?

Popular Posts

Popular Posts